I have found the ultimate fall breakfast: Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
I’ve been making this for the past week and it has just about everything you could want in a breakfast: it’s quick and easy to make, healthy, and delicious. I usually pair it with a hardboiled egg to up the protein a bit.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup water
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put water on to boil over high heat
- While waiting for the water to boil, dice the apple in roughly quarter inch chunks
- When the water reaches a boil, add in oats, salt, cinnamon, and diced apple and reduce heat to medium
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oatmeal reaches your desired consistency and the apple bits have softened
- Pour a bit of maple syrup over the oatmeal and enjoy!